The bad news about running an online store, mobile app or a mobile website is that it is possible up to 70& of the online shoppers to abandon their shopping cart and not complete the purchase in your store. The good news about all of this is that a little optimization will definitely help you lower these numbers and fix the problem.
Today, there are so many new and unique ways to increase revenues and drive more sales. If you talk to retailers, entrepreneurs, and other experts you will learn a lot about their failures and successes and you will be able to come up with a strategy of your own on how to run a prosperous online store, today, and in the future.
In this article, we will share a few online store ideas that are already proven to be effective for boosting sales and maximizing revenue. Here they are:
- Make sure to try using CTAs as a progress meter. By doing so, you will tell your customers and potential buyers exactly how many steps are remaining in the shopping process.
- Get rid of things such as badges, product offers, shipping information from each product page of the checkout process. The online shoppers usually prefer a simplified experience.
- Remove navigation to any web page outside the checkout process. By doing so, you will eliminate the distraction and allow your customers and online buyers to keep their eyes on the checkout prize only.
- Make coupon code fields less flashy. When online shoppers notice a coupon field then usually feel less special. If they are interested in coupon codes they will open a new tab to search for it. If they come to your website and see all those flashy coupon code fields they will probably abandon the purchase.
- Make sure to increase the CTA button sizes. It is proven that larger buttons make it simpler and easier for online shoppers to travel through the checkout process, especially if they are using their smartphones to purchase from your site.
- Don’t hesitate to experiment with different homepage designs and layouts. You can start with major changes and then try something you haven’t tried before.
- Test various tones, messaging, and voice just to see which style resonates best with your online shoppers.
- Your homepage is your front page and it is the most important page on your ecommerce store. Just like a newspaper, don’t hesitate to use your homepage to announce new offers, upcoming products, new promotions and sales, and etc.
- Experiment with various types of product imagery.
- Try different offers and incentives to see what motivates people to share widely. You can always offer different referral codes for motivation and later measure which codes are used the most.
- Analyze and experiment with timing. When is the best moment to ask your customers for a social share, a comment, a feedback or a review? Is it during the shopping process or later?
- Test different designs for your social share buttons. If you test, you will see what works best for your customers and what suits your site the most.
- Add or remove deals or promotional offers as sometimes the promotional offers and deals may distract the buyer from the purchase. You need to test this and see what your target audience prefers.
- Experiment with discounted or free shipping offers and see whether or not they will result in an increase in sales.
- Test if having checkboxes auto-selected as default is a smart idea.
All these online store ideas, tips, and tricks will help you optimize your store and increase your sales.
How to Reach Your Target Market and Potential Customers
Finding the perfect customer or buyer online is not easy and you know it. Also, you can’t expect the perfect buyer to show up if you don’t have determined your target market. If you want sales, customers, and success, you need to find your target audience first and then think of strategies and methods on how to reach that audience.
There are different methods and techniques you could use to reach your target market and your potential buyers. In this article, we will discuss those methods.
Before we go in-depth, we would like to pause for a moment and discuss an essential point, Marketing and sales are all about providing more value than you actually receive. Half the battle is finding a product that is providing more value to your buyers than the money they have in their pockets. Once you will find a product like this, you will have the foundation for a healthy, happy, and successful business.
The value you offer can be saving money and time, making life simpler, making more money, increasing their satisfaction or happiness, and etc. You should always keep this in the back of your find and you should ask yourself – what can you do for your customers and not like most of the business owners – what can I get from my customers?
As we said, there are different ways for you to reach to your target market or your potential customers, but in this article, we will focus on a few effective examples that have already proven to bring results. Regardless of what you do, it is important to think like a marketer or like a salesperson.
It is really important to do this with an open mind and let your inner creativity conquer you. Don’t immediately avoid something by saying “that will never work for me” or it is “easy for you to say”. Instead, give everything a chance and try everything out. You wouldn’t know what works for your business and what doesn’t if you hesitate to try something new. Don’t be afraid to test them, analyze them or tweak them. Now, without a further ado, let’s start:
These are some of the traditional marketing tips and tricks you could use to reach your target consumers:
- Word of mouth
- Direct mail
- Yellow Page ads
- Billboards and bus benches
All of these methods are considered to be conventional and traditional, but their effectiveness is proven to be on the highest level throughout the years. Today, the ROI of these techniques has significantly decreased. It is not 0 but it is decreased and you should think twice before deciding to invest your money in some of these marketing methods.
Today, the world is focused more on Facebook or Instagram ads, Google AdWords, Banner advertising, email newsletter or marketing. If you want to use these methods, you have to have at least a basic knowledge. The good thing is that there are a lot of different and free resources available on the web where you can learn how to be better and more effective on these platforms. You can watch online tutorials and learn how to create a Facebook or Instagram ad by yourself. Nothing is complicated if you want to learn.
Other methods you could use to attract your target market and your potential customers is via content marketing or via video content such as vlogs, interviews, documentaries, blog posts, podcasts, and etc. Then, there is one-on-one marketing that is quite effective in some situations. Some of the methods you could use are cold emails, cold calling, door knocking, and etc.
According to experts, the best thing you could do for your business is to make a combination out of these conventional, online, content, and one-to-one marketing methods.
Others Topics that might interested you
When the budget is low, marketing is the first expense you want to cut. Huge mistake. Marketing your small business doesn’t have to cost a